County Assembly BoardThe members of the County Assembly are:-
Roles of the County Assembly Service Board
The County Assembly service board is responsible for:-
- Providing services and facilities to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the County Assembly;
- Constituting offices in the County Assembly service, and appointing and supervising office holders;
- Preparing annual estimates of expenditure of the County Assembly service and submitting them to the County Assembly for approval, exercising budgetary control over the service;
- Undertaking, singly or jointly with other relevant organizations, programmes to promote the ideals of parliamentary democracy; and
- Performing other functions:-
- Necessary for the well-being of the members and staff of the County assembly; or
- Prescribed by national legislation.
Roles and Functions of County Assembly
Article 177 of the Constitution provides that there shall be a Deputy Speaker for each County Assembly who shall be elected by that County Assembly in accordance with the Standing Orders. The Deputy Speaker performs the following duties and responsibilities:-
- Article 177 of the Constitution provides that the Deputy Speaker of a County Assembly of Parliament shall preside over the sitting of that County Assembly in the absence of the Speaker;
- The Deputy Speaker, according to Standing Order No. 15, is the Chairperson of Committees of the Whole County Assembly and shall preside over Committees of the Whole County Assembly;
- The Deputy Speaker deputizes the Speaker and assists in ensuring the dignity of the Assembly is upheld, its rights and privileges are not abused and generally assists in the interpretation and application of the practices and procedures of Parliament at all times.