News & Notices
Uasin Gishu County Assembly Demands Modern Abattoir
UASIN GISHU COUNTY ASSEMBLY DEMANDS MODERN ABATTOIR
Hon. Moses Barteng, MCA Sergoit Ward has asked the County Government to construct a modern abattoir in a Motion he moved in the Assembly. He was concerned that currently many farmers who keep beef cattle suffer a lot of loses due to lack of adequate and reliable markets.
He further said many cartels and brokers have taken the advantage of lack of adequate markets to buy such animals at throw away prices and thereby make the livestock farmers incur huge financial losses.
Hon. Peter Sugut, MCA Megun Ward seconded the Motion and said,`` We know this County mainly are farmers and it is very important that we market our products to help our farmers. There is need to help our farmers to grow economically and this livestock sector should have outlets for us as a County and it is important that we bring in private developers since we have the airport around us and actually the Middle East Market is just 4hours from here and we can easily access the market”, he lamented.
Hon Patrick Kiptoo Bundotich, MCA Tarakwa Ward said brokers have seen loopholes in Uasin Gishu County , that is why it is essential we put up a good market in Eldoret for us to sell our products directly.
The County Assembly urged the County Government of Uasin Gishu through the Department of Agriculture, Livestock, Development and Fisheries to consider entering into a Public Private Developers for the development of ultra modern abattoir that will enable the County gain access to outside markets for its beef products.
Currently there is only one relatively modern abattoir in the Uasin Gishu County that handles the slaughter of animals and supply of beef products and it actually does not meet International Standards .
- ADDENDUM-Extension of Closing Date for Request for Proposal of Building Consultancy Services Tender Notice
- ADDENDUM- for Building Construction Consultancy Services Tender Notice
- Request for Proposal for Building Consultancy Services -Consortium Tender Document
- Re-Advertisement -Provision of Medical Insurance Scheme Services for Members and Staff
- Open Tender Notice
- ADDENDUM -- RFP - Provision of Consultancy Services for Comprehensive ICT Needs Assessment
- Hansard Report 4th Wed October 2017 (Afternoon)
- Hansard Report 3rd Tue, October 2017
- Hansard Report 28th Thur, September 2017
- Hansard Report 27th Wed, September 2017 (Afternoon) docx
- Hansard Report 27th Wed, September 2017 (Morning)
- Hansard Report 26th Tue, September 2017