News & Notices
County Assembly adopts the Report of the Committee of Health Services
The Committee’s Report on the issue of drug shortage in Uasin Gishu County Health facilities.
The County Assembly has adopted the report of the Ad Hoc and Health Committee on the investigation of shortage of medical drugs in Uasin Gishu County health facilities dated 26th September 2016 and tabled today on 5th October 2016 without any amendments.
While seconding the Motion, a Member of the Ad Hoc Committee, Hon David Sing'oei commended the Chairman, Health Committee Hon. Patrick Bundotich for his passion for good health to the people of Uasin Gishu County.
Some of the recommendations on the report include;
- The County Government should embrace KEMSA’s policy of direct drug delivery to health facilities.
- The County Government should increase budget allocation for drugs.
- The County Government should reorganize the existing fleet of vehicles to enhance proper coordination in the department and enhance efficient delivery of drugs.
- The County Government should do a need assessment on staff capacity and undertake staff reorganization and employ on need basis.
- The County Government should consider assessment of staff in view of promotions as per the guidelines in the County Public Service Board.
- There is need for the County Government to have a drug store and liaise with KEMSA to make use of their available stores, for effective services delivery.
- Supervision should be regularly done in all health facilities.
- Health department through the division of ICT should organise for laptops and computers to enhance internet connections for easy record keeping, making requisitions and communicating through e-mails.
- The County Government should prioritize connection of power supply in all the health facilities.
- The County Government should ensure prompt payment of suppliers to ensure consistency in drug supply.
- All health facilities should order drugs through the office of the County Chief Pharmacist.
- The County Government should see to it that ward administrators do not interfere with the activities of health facilities and their duties be clearly defined.
- The drug prescribers should strictly follow the therapeutic committee guidelines.
- The County Public Service Board should liaise with the County Health Management Committee to make placement in conformity with the organogram.
- The public should be equipped with awareness through campaigns and sensitization to ease congestion in County hospital and make use of other health facilities e.g. Pioneer Dispensary.
- The County Government should capacity build its staff to enhance efficient and effective service delivery.
- The County Executive Committee Member has violated the County Government ACT Section 72(1) by usurping the responsibilities of the Chief Officer by haphazardly deploying public officers hence causing disharmony in the department.
- County Service Board should employ a substantive County Chief Pharmacist to enhance efficient service delivery.
- We recommend the transfer of County Executive Committee Member of Health to another docket since she cannot manage the Health Department effectively.
- Tender Notice FY 2017
- RFP- Provision for Consultancy Service for Development of a Strategic Plan for Uasin Gishu Cunty Assembly for 2018-2022
- Provision of GPA-WIBA Insurance Services
- Supply and Delivery of Tyres,Tubes and Batteries
- Supply and Delivery of Sports, Kits & Equipment
- Supply and Delivery of Petrol,Diesel,Oil and Libricants
- Hansard Report 31st Tue, May 2016
- Hansard Report 18th Wed, May 2016 (Afternoon)
- Hansard Report 18th Wed, May 2016 (Morning)
- Hansard Report 17th Tue, May 2016
- Hansard Report 12th Thur, May 2016
- Hansard Report 11th Wed, May 2016 (Afternoon)